Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Old to the new...


For many, many years this was my weapon of choice for making music:

The beautiful machine known as the MPC 2000Xl.



Very recently I bought one of these:

The new Macbook. (The $999 joint with all of the expansions)



One of the main reasons I bought it was for music production. Basically to drag myself out of the stone age of hardware and into the modern era of software. I have friends (shout out to J57 and AMD) who murder beats using computer programs. I've resisted. But no longer. Not to say my MPC is going anywhere, I still plan on using it as a central part of my production, but I am no longer a "purist."

I'm also no longer a Mac hater like I was when I used PCs. Sorry to say it but Macs are just more user friendly. I don't like how Apple manipulates their loyal customers or the market in order to make more profit (i.e. the iphone's original cost versus a couple of weeks later when it was lowered), but I can tell already that my music, DJing, and online presence will greatly benefit from the change. To all my friends who have been trying to get me to switch to software for years: you're all right. There I said it.

1 comment: