Thursday, November 26, 2009

Uptown gold....




Harlem's Cash = Monster Rap (i.e. this dude is way, way ahead of his peers)

I'm always happy when a rapper comes along who reinvigorates my passion for the music. I'm even happier when it's a New Yorker. When they're from uptown, where I was born and raised, it's the icing on the cake. Harem's Cash is just that MC. I've heard bits and pieces of his music for a minute now but I finally got around to downloading his mixtapes. I was really impressed. He's extremely lyrical, has an excellent flow, a great voice, as well as great choruses and concepts for his songs. Some of his choices of original beats weren't as impressive but they were definitely different and well produced. The Government, his main producer, certainly pushes the envelope. How he isn't signed and on the radio with all of the cornballs that are out there I'll never know. But it sure wouldn't be the first time.


No comments:

Post a Comment